PARKS AND RESERVES
Parks and reserves managed by KWS

SEARCH ACCOMMODATION
Select a park or reserve to view a list of hotels, lodges, guesthouses and camps managed by KWS


Welcome to Kenya Wildlife Service

To Hells Gate on a Wheelbarrow 2012

 To Hell's Gate on a Wheelbarrow

Take the ride of your life!The fourth  edition of the most challenging wheelbarrow race on earth ‘To Hell's Gate on a Wheelbarrow 2012', is to  be held at the Hell's Gate National Park, Naivasha from Friday  June 15, 2012 at 2pm to Sunday June 17, 2012
This fun-filled and exciting sport-cum-fundraising event held annually at Hell’s Gate National Park offers
•    a wheelbarrow race with lots of fabulous prizes to be won
•    a Live Music Concert featuring Sauti Sol and The Villagers Band


Don’t Miss Out!
Join us in this all-night wild bush party and get a great camping experience in Naivasha and help us save our Wildlife Heritage!
Naivasha ecosystem is home to over 67,000 wild animals of which only five percent (5 per cent) are enclosed within the protected areas of Hell’s Gate and Mt. Longonot National Parks. The other 95 per cent roam freely on land belonging to local communities. This has resulted in both human and wildlife conflict and continued human encroachment within the area.
Proceeds from the event will go towards the construction of a fully equipped Conservation Education Centre in Hell’s Gate National Park. The facility, once operational, will play a key role in the mobilisation of and sensitisation of over one million inhabitants of local communities in Naivasha on the importance of protecting and conserving wildlife species, as well as educating them on alternative wildlife enterprise for their economic benefit.
‘To Hell's Gate on a Wheelbarrow 2012' is building on the gains of last year’s event which raised Ksh5 million that was used to buy conservation extension equipment while the balance will be used for the construction of the conservation centre

Come and race with us!




Contact

Jane Minoo
Telephone: 0700191522,070285178,0202107457
Email: rmevents@kws.go.ke

Nelly Palmeris.
Email:
npalmeries@kws.go.ke

 
 

Blogs and Videos Blogs Videos
 

2014 Conservation Fees

 
Bookmark and Share
Follow us on foursquare